for this final week of readings, please read the below, and fee free to divide up the readings. they are generally short, so folks can elect to do more than one after they size them up. The last items is a collection from Jadaliyya, and some are in Arabic (which you will not be responsible for). But i would like you to read the rest of the english pieces.
see you all soon!
Week 11: The Syrian Uprising and the Current Impasse
1. Bassam Haddad, “Why Syria is not Next . . . So Far,” Jadaliyya. [PDF]
2. Hassan Abbas, “The Dynamics of the Uprisings in Syria,” Jadaliyya. [PDF]
3. Bassam Haddad, “Syria’s Stalemate: The Limits of Regime Resilience,” Middle East Policy, Vol. XIX, No. 1, Spring 2012, pp. 85-95. [PDF]
4. “Tentative Jihad: Syria’s Fundamentalist Opposition,” International Crisis Group, Jadaliyya.
6. Bassam Haddad, “As Syria Falls,” (Parts 1, 2), Jadaliyya. [PDF]
7. "The Syrian Uprising: Two Years On," Jadaliyya Coverage. [Link]